Marc has created an exciting new dance piece for children aged 4+ inspired by Aesop’s Fables, presented by The Ark, Dublin Dance Festival and Arts & Disability Ireland.
The Race entwines three of Aesop’s Fables to create a fun, interactive and colourful world of animals, puppets, theatre and movement.
Photos: Marc Stedman
Presented by a cast of disabled and non-disabled dance artists, all performances have been created to offer an inclusive audience experience. The show is relaxed in nature and welcomes children who are neurodiverse.
18-21 May, 2023 at The Ark, Dublin. BOOK NOW.
- Concept & Direction Marc Brew
- Choreographer Marc Brew in collaboration with the performers
- Performers Caoimhe Coburn Gray, Florent Devlesaver, Helen Hall, Rob Heaslip
- Assistant Director Rob Heaslip
- Producer Kelly Phelan
- Set and Costume Alyson Cummins
- Lighting Designer Suzie Cummins
- Composer and Sound Designer Tom Lane
- Puppet Designer Caoimhe Dunne
- AV Designer Kilian Waters
- Production Manager Sean Dennehy
- Stage Manager Clive Welsh
The Race is a MOVE Commission, co-commissioned by The Ark, Dublin Dance Festival and Arts & Disability Ireland.
‘I couldn’t stand up or dance the way I used to, but I still wanted to express myself’
Dublin Dance Festival 2023: Marc Brew, director of The Race, has set out to be a role model for young disabled people who want to be in the performing arts. Read more from Marc’s interview with Sara Keating, The Irish Times.
Hear Marc on RTÉ Radio 1’s Arena talking about The Race, and the importance of representing differently abled bodies on stage.